Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012

Shailene Woodley Channels Her 'Inner 'Glee' ' For 'Secret Life'

Star tells MTV News there 'might be some singing and dancing' on the show's 'shocking' 100th episode, airing Monday on ABC Family.
By Jocelyn Vena


Shailene Woodley
Photo:

It seems that on the milestone 100th episode of the "Secret Life of the American Teenager," everyone will have Amy and Ricky's wedding on the brain. Everyone is excited, that is, except the blushing bride, who is still dealing with the very adult decision to marry her baby daddy.

"Tonight's episode... the 100th episode? We kind of, I like to say, were channeling our inner 'Glee'," the show's star Shailene Woodley (who plays Amy) told MTV News on Monday (June 25). "There might be a musical number. There might be some singing and dancing by some of the characters on the television show."

"There's a lot of shockers," she continued. "And at the end of the episode, I think some fans are going to be confused as to a decision Amy and Ricky made. There's gonna be a shocking revelation about the wedding."

While the ongoing saga of Amy and Ricky might leave fans salivating for more from the young couple as the season chugs along, Woodley notes that the most surprising thing about the episode, to her at least, just might be that teased musical moment in the show. "I think that's big," she said. "We've never done anything like that on 'Secret Life'."

Woodley notes that when she signed on to the show all those years ago, she wasn't sure they would make it to 100 episodes. "Reflecting back on 100 episodes, I think that there's been so many exciting moments for me," she said. "A quarter of my life has been spent on 'Secret Life.' I'm 20 and I've been doing it for five years, so I think the best moments have been when all the castmembers get to work together and we get to collaborate and share experiences. We all grew up together.

"I think we were all surprised it has lasted this long," she continued about the show's successful run on the network. "None of us had ever done television before and I don't think any of us knew what to expect. And the fact that it has lasted this long continues to be a shocker. I think that the themes that we deal with, although they are exaggerated, I think the themes at their core are very relatable."

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1688337/shailene-woodley-secret-life-100th-episode.jhtml

Amber Arbucci Amber Brkich Amber Heard Amber Valletta America Ferrera

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen